Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Force drawing regen/updtae

john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,894 PRO
Please allow us to update the drawing views whether they are precieved to be dirty or not.

Sometimes Onshape does not realize a model has been modified and you have to go through some sort of 'one step forward, one step backwards' work around to make the update icon clickable again. Such inserting the bad view into drawings so it then realized it was indeed out of date.

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @john_mcclary This should not be the case unless there are things that are changing we are not detecting correctly.  This would see to be a bug in this case.  If you end up having examples of changes that are not showing dirty, send us a ticket directly and we will investigate.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • marshall_polandmarshall_poland Member Posts: 10 PRO
    @lougallo , this thread explains a situation where onshape is not detecting a change to the part stuido:

I'm experiencing the same thing. I add a Named View to a part studio, then go to an (existing) drawing. When I try to insert a view using the named view I just created, it is not an option. The refresh button is grayed out.

• shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 801 PRO
    I have experienced similar things. If you refresh the browser tab it fixes it