Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Tutorial 4, using Mac and Safari, Right clicking on in a Drawing.

william_makowskiwilliam_makowski Member Posts: 5
Hello,

Currently going through Tutorial 4. Never had this problem in the Part Studio, but when I go to right click in a drawing nothing happens. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• bobminerbobminer Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 50
    edited June 2017
    Hi William.  Do you have a document open and the active tab is a drawing?  If so, are you right clicking on the drawing tab, on the background of the drawing or somewhere else?  When I right click on the drawing / sheet background using Safari, I see a dropdown menu of commands "Sheet properties...", "Zoom to fit", "Zoom to sheet" and "Zoom to window".  When I right click on the drawing tab (at the bottom of the browser), I see a dropdown menu of different commands - "Open in new browser tab", "Rename...", etc.  Thanks.
    Bob Miner - Software Engineer / Dev Leader - Drawings - Onshape, Inc.

• james_mongoldjames_mongold Member Posts: 1
    I have same problem... I know how to right click on a Mac (control-click) and when I do that in Exercise: Basic Drawing I don't get the anticipated/promised drop down menu. Running Mac, Safari, all the latest software:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/966f7504a4af54cccabdfb1c/w/d40b6fcf5dc239aedb653a57/e/3cf1807f96edebf505ef338f

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    It works for me using the trackpad. Can you try that to see if it is related to the mouse for some reason?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • oren_connelloren_connell Member Posts: 1 PRO
    I'm seeing the same issue on Mac, Firefox. Right click works in Parts or Assembly but not in drawings. I tested with an USB mouse and things work correctly.
  • kevin_daney054kevin_daney054 Member Posts: 9 EDU

You can fix the problem by going to settings and make your mouse have Right Click.

It worked for me.

• bryce_bowmanbryce_bowman Member Posts: 1
    Right-click is not working in drawings. It works for me with part studios but there is no dropdown menu when I right-click anywhere in a drawings studio. How do I fix this?