Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Student iPad can't access modeling server

mrlefebvre101mrlefebvre101 Member Posts: 10 EDU
Hi all,

I'm still teaching my design class remotely this spring, and one of my students doesn't have access to a computer at home, so he's trying to use his iPad.  The problem is, he can't get OnShape to function - he gets the following error:

IMG_0286PNG

We're tried updating iOS, reinstalling the app, and uninstalling other apps to make sure there's adequate free space on his iPad.  If you've seen this before or having any additional troubleshooting steps to suggest, I'd appreciate it.

As an aside, what a blessing it has been to be teaching on this platform.  The transition to remote learning was almost seamless.  I am so grateful for OnShape.
Thanks
Marc Lefebvre

Comments

• raviravi Onshape Employees Posts: 34
    Can you upload the screenshot and also post the iPad and iOS version information?
  • mrlefebvre101mrlefebvre101 Member Posts: 10 EDU
    Thanks.  I'll get that info from the student.  Hopefully I can update you by Monday.
    Attached are the iPad info and OnShape error screenshots.  Any troubleshooting help you have is greatly appreciated.  His iPad was updated last week and I had him check for app updates this morning.

• jon_sorrellsjon_sorrells Onshape Employees Posts: 51
    It looks like the websocket connection is failing.  Does the user's network have a firewall that might be blocking this?
    I don't think this is an issue.  I had him run the check in Safari and got the attached screenshot form him which shows a websocket connection.  We're close enough to his graduation that I'm not sure how much more we're going to troubleshoot, unfortunately, but if anything comes to mind, please let me know.