Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I update a configuration within an assembly through the API?

ethan_keller924ethan_keller924 Member, csevp Posts: 39 EDU
I would like to change the configuration of a particular part instance within an assembly without importing a new part. Is this possible with the current API? I don't see any way to do it currently...
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• connor_pinsonconnor_pinson Member Posts: 10 PRO
    Might I ask what your end goal is? I don't think there's a way to do this without deleting/re-instancing.  Are you experiencing problems with this method breaking future references like assembly pattern, mating, or drawing dimensions?

• AmericanTentAmericanTent Member Posts: 2 PRO
    Hey @ethan_keller924, were you ever able to figure this out? I have an assembly of parts, each with it's own configuration for length. Struggling to figure out how to change this with either the Python onshape-client (preferred), or the HTTP endpoint. Any pointers would be appreciated.
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @Ethan_K is actually an Onshape employee now, working on our API! I will direct this to him.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Sébastien_CouetSébastien_Couet Member, csevp Posts: 7 PRO
    Hello, do we have any news about the implementation of this feature ? It would be so helpful... 

Thanks in advance for your support !