Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

configuration tables

PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
Have not been able to find an answer to this question from help files. Maybe looking for something not there.
Have been setting up a configuration table for selection based on vendor chart of stock.
Nicest way I can think of is to view as chart like given and simply check or uncheck availability as shown in chart. This would be much easier to handle when new materials available or previous stock no longer available.
2 lists for tube diameter and wall thickness. Can add to lists as needed and use a check box.
As it stands now I seem to need individual entry's for each stock item. A rather long list and a bit cumbersome.
Any thoughts welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    you can't configure what is inside another configuration table. Which is what you're going for.

You will likely need to create 2 lists, then have the checkboxes set a variable in the tree.

then use "if" logic to return a broken part if the configuration doesn't exist... but that still is like guess and check when trying to choose a config.

The best way would be  a single list that gives all options.

0.250 x 0.035
    0.312 x 0.035
    0.312 x 0.058

• Options
    PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    I ended up with the single list. A bit cumbersome if needs updating but works.