Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

App Development Newbies Guide

health_physicshealth_physics Member Posts: 5 PRO
edited December 2019 in App Store & Partners Apps
Based on my own journey into OnShape JavaScript app development I have put together and attached a short Newbies guide on how to get your first standalone JavaScript app to run in an OnShape iFrame.  

The document is basically a rehash of existing OnShape GitHub doco (https://github.com/onshape-public/app-stl-viewer) but with added sections on development environment setup (Express, git etc).  Hope you find it useful :-) Feedback welcomed.

Comments

• Ethan_KEthan_K Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 57
    This looks great! Thanks for writing this up, @health_physics !
  • health_physicshealth_physics Member Posts: 5 PRO
    edited October 2019
    My pleasure Ethan, regards Steve
  • health_physicshealth_physics Member Posts: 5 PRO
    Now revised to v1.8
  • bill_schnoebelenbill_schnoebelen OS Professional, Developers, User Group Leader, csevp Posts: 109 PRO
    This looks very good!!
  • alan_baljeualan_baljeu Member, User Group Leader Posts: 111 ✭✭

It's gone.

Creating knowledge-driven design automation software, for molds, etc.
    www.virtualmold.com

• alan_baljeualan_baljeu Member, User Group Leader Posts: 111 ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I tried following this, (actually the instructions at the gltf sample on github), and at some point Heroku asks for a credit card.  I'm not sure I want to do that, and so i'm stuck.  Heroku is a huge system, I'd like to understand what it's doing for this app, and if it's easily replaceable with a different server provider.
    Creating knowledge-driven design automation software, for molds, etc.
    www.virtualmold.com