Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Just thought I would share.

aaron_2aaron_2 Member Posts: 26 PRO
So I was reading through a forum the other day, and came across a person needing assistance in designing a part. I messaged him and asked if he had received any help with it, he said no. I gladly replied and offered my help. Once we Had an agreement worked out,  I took a few pictures and a rough sketch he had done and started designing. We went back and forth through email for a couple of hours while I was working on it to make sure that I got everything he needed and what his thoughts was on changes that I thought would possibly work better.
The next day I was able to finish it up and get his file sent to him. He replied back within a couple hours stating that he was really happy with the design and had most of it printed already.

The reason for this share is point out that Thanks to Onshape I have another way to make a little extra money, and make other people happy doing it.

Comments

• Options
    john_mceleneyjohn_mceleney Onshape Employees Posts: 57
    @Aaaron_2 : were you providing "design help" or tech help?
  • Options
    aaron_2aaron_2 Member Posts: 26 PRO
    @Aaaron_2 : were you providing "design help" or tech help?
      He didn't have any CAD experience so I took a basic sketch he had and designed it in Onshape and sent him the STL files, He was able to print and relayed some changes that needed to be made. I then changed them and sent more files to him until he was happy with it. So a little design and more a service.