Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Mate joints appear to be nonexistent

caleb_hill825caleb_hill825 Member Posts: 3 EDU
I am having an issue with the onshape free plan browser interface. I cannot find where the mate types(revolute, slider, etc...) are in the interface. I cannot for the life of me find them in the bar pr drop-down menus. I started a couple days a go, so please don't get too irritated.

Comments

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're looking at a part studio tab. That is where parts are designed. If you look at the bottom of the screen, you'll see there is also an assembly tab. This is where you would add mates. I suggest going through some of the tutorials in the Learning Center. They will walk you through most of the common interface/UI questions a new user would normally have.

https://learn.onshape.com/ 
  • caleb_hill825caleb_hill825 Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Thanks. I somehow either missed or they didn't mention the difference between the two menus.