Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Auto align view when opening sketch

nicolas_duhamelnicolas_duhamel Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
Hi,

I've looked around but couldn't find a topic on this fonction : is there a way to auto-align the view (i.e. view normal to the sketch plane) when opening a sketch or creating a new sketch?
It's seems obvious, and many other CAD software auto align the view when doing so. But in OnShape, I have to manually click the "views cube" in the top right hand corner.

Thanks for your advices.

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    edited November 2019
    No, but it has been requested. Vote here: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/8320/option-to-automatically-view-normal-to-new-sketch
    You can also press N on the keyboard which is currently the way to do it.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Agreed, if you do implement that Improvement request auto normal to new sketch, please give the option to turn that crap OFF!
  • yael_PERICARDyael_PERICARD Member Posts: 1 PRO
    Please, make it automatic and make it possible to disable if people don't want. In 2020 we should have the choice, other CAD software have it and it's very convenient !
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    I agree this should be a choice. We could argue which is default or not until the cows come home. I'm savvy enough to be able to find and turn that garbage off. So default it on if you want. 🤮
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree this should be a choice. We could argue which is default or not until the cows come home. I'm savvy enough to be able to find and turn that garbage off. So default it on if you want. 🤮
    Alibre auto aligns views on me all the time and it bugs me enough that I'd want Onshape to default to having the feature defaulted off.