Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Bottom of Dialog Box Cutoff / Inaccessible

matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 475 PRO
The dialog box to Insert-DXF-Into-Sketch does not fit on my display.  As a result I can not access the unit select box at the bottom.  Nor can I scroll down, unpin/relocate, resize, or any other trick that I can think of.  Surely one of you clever folks has a solution to this.  What am I missing?  

It is quite maddening to import a sketch element at 1/25.4 scale TWICE before learning that there is an invisible-to-me unit selection box in the import dxf dialog.  I have noticed similar behavior with other tools.

Please don't tell me to "buy a larger monitor".  That utterly neutralizes one of the key advantages of cloud-native software like Onshape (offloading hardware to the vendor-side).

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @matthew_stacy Your browser is too small.  If you run a system that has a height under 1024px you are not going to be able to use the web client of Onshape unless you zoom out the browser.  This looks like it is probably on a screen where the space is under 700px.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 475 PRO
    You are correct @lougallo

This is a low resolution monitor, maxed out at a height of 768px (<1024).  Zooming out the browser (<crtrl><->, repeated as many times as necessary in Firefox) showed the complete dialog box. 

That is a workable solution. But it still seems crazy that there is no way to scroll down within a dialog box.

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Dang Matthew, what? are you running Onshape on a smart watch or something  :p:wink:
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    edited May 2020
    @lougallo
    Is there any chance that a scrollbar could be added so that we don't have to zoom out, like how the mobile app's feature dialog works?
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100