Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Stay Signed In

Can we get a stay signed in feature? It's little, but it's a bit annoying having to type my credentials and sign in every time, especially when I'm the only one who uses this device.
Tagged:

Comments

• KiseleovKiseleov Member Posts: 1
    Yes this is very annoying. Upvoted
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    If you save your sign in details in your browser then it will auto-populate when you open Onshape.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • victor_lamoinevictor_lamoine Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Another alternative: using KeePassXC + KeePassXC browser extension (firefox, chrome), it can autofill the credentials so that you only have to click "sign in".

• bendhowardbendhoward Member Posts: 4 PRO

I agree this needs to be changed. I'm able to use a password manager just fine, but it's an unnecessary few clicks every time I start my day. Gmail/Gsuite - one of the more security conscious outfits - does not make me sign in every single day. This is a totally unneeded layer of security.

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO

The browser can remember your login too. All you need to do is click the sign in button.

• keith_7keith_7 Member Posts: 2
    My designs are not sensitive (I'm using the free version, so my designs are all public anyway).  I see no reason that I should need to sign in every time I want to use OnShape (every few days).  I'd much prefer to sit down in front of my computer and get working straight away.  As @bendhoward says, this is how google does it (and it's perfect for me).
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    Be thankful that you only have to log in to Onshape once - my old employer required a log-in to the VPN, again to access email, again to access the corporate web app collection and yet again to access one of the applets.  All using the exact same log in credentials.

By comparison, I don't even notice the Onshape log in.