Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Set Document Thumbnail/Preview Image

JollyJolly Member Posts: 81 PRO
edited May 2020 in Product Feedback
Often my documents don't list a preferred thumbnail, instead it is currently set to the last edited tab.  I'd like to request an option to specify a specific thumbnail view, static image, or displaystate or isometric view or something.

I found previous discussions around this but no improvement requests. One example below

Tagged:

Comments

• sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 398 PRO
    @Jolls
    You can right click on the tab and set it as document thumbnail :-)
    But it is always a isometric view :(
  • JollyJolly Member Posts: 81 PRO
    Ooooh snap. How'd I miss that? That works enough for me. How long will it stay that way? If you don't specify it is based on whatever was last used, but once specified does it ever revert back?
  • sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 398 PRO
    It last forever. But you can assign another tab later or unassign it.
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,894 PRO
    You can also upload an image and set that to be your document thumbnail.

That's what a lot of  featurescript programmers do to help people find their features in public documents.