Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Center Line Dimension Technique?

shawnrwshawnrw Member Posts: 43 PRO
Does anyone have a good technique to dimension this centerline to the backline? 

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,894 PRO
    Create a virtual sharp from the center line and the top horizontal line. That will give you a point, then select the virtical line you pointed to
  • shawnrwshawnrw Member Posts: 43 PRO
    John, thanks for the reply.. Sadly it will not allow me to grab a centerline to form the virtual sharp... Any additional ideas?
    uhh, sorry I thought you could, I suppose you will need to create that virtual sharp in a sketch, inside the part studio.

then show sketches in the drawing
  • shawnrwshawnrw Member Posts: 43 PRO
    Yep, you are correct. Again, thanks for the help.. I just found the show sketches feature in drawings, will save a ton of time for me :-)...
    I know it's not ideal, but it should get us by until they introduce proper parametric sketching in drawings  :)