Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Feature request: perspective view in drawings

johan_van_ravenhorstjohan_van_ravenhorst Member Posts: 19 ✭✭✭
In a drawing, it is sometimes helpful to have a more "human" view of a complex product in addition to only isometrical views.
So hereby the request for a feature to insert perspective views to drawings.

I am not the first, see also these related posts:

Comments

• henrikhenrik Member Posts: 2
    Would be nice to have this natively (and easy to update).
    But googling for a solution, I got my job done using the workaround with a screenshot of a "hidden edges removed" view (described in the first link Johan posted above).
  • jacques_spillmannjacques_spillmann OS Professional Posts: 49 PRO
    @Onshape, Any news on this? I desperately need a solution to export perspective views in DXF format to later use in Illustrator...
  • PeterMPeterM Member Posts: 22 PRO
    You can make a named view in your model and insert this in the drawing. I believe this should solve the issue. https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/tech-tip-using-named-views-in-onshape

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited June 2020
    @PeterM They are asking for a perspective view in a drawing.

Although you can store the projection type in a named view, drawings will not let you select those named views that are perspective

• PeterMPeterM Member Posts: 22 PRO
    You are right, @john_mcclary. You can insert named view of parts in perspective view though, but not from assemblies. That is my experience. Vote this request up!
  • KuklaKukla Member Posts: 1 PRO
    Have there been any updates on this? We use perspective views all the time for our customer approval drawings and need to be able to add them to the drawings. I have to import a screenshot .jpg into the drawing as a work-around.
  • jacques_spillmannjacques_spillmann OS Professional Posts: 49 PRO
    With Onshape new ability to export a drawing in SVG format (sweet!), if only we had the option to use named views that have "perspective on" in drawings would be awesome! This would be just for display and doesn't need to be "dimensionable"...
  • stvnvl_8501stvnvl_8501 Member Posts: 113 PRO
    any news on this? marketing doesn't like ortho views ;-)

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    If it's for marketing, try rendering. 
    Then put the image on the drawing 
  • stvnvl_8501stvnvl_8501 Member Posts: 113 PRO
    any news on this?