Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Loft General Question

yuggniiksyuggniiks Member Posts: 25 EDU
I am lofting from a circle to a rectangle, and not able to get all four corners to align with the rectangle.  I've tried playing with "match vertices" however when I try to match more than one corner it fails loft feature.  The second picture circles the area of interest, I would like all four corners to be aligned similar to how the first picture shows.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    You must split your circle sketch into 4 segments to get vertices to align. Alternatively, model 1 quadrant and pattern.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • yuggniiksyuggniiks Member Posts: 25 EDU
    Thanks for the suggestion Neil. 
    I do have my circle sketch broken up into 4 segments, at the locations I want. 
    Perhaps what I have is not "segmented" the way you are referring to?

See sketch below:

• John_P_DesiletsJohn_P_Desilets Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 233
    Hello @yuggniiks,

@NeilCooke and I are on the same page for this. The loft needs to have an equal number of points to match for each profile. If that doesn't work, you can always create guides to constrain the surface tighter.

I created a 3D spline and mirrored the spline twice. These splines will be used as guides within the loft feature. 

Next, I lofted the two solid parts together, and selected each spline as a guide.  Hope this helps and good luck!

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @yuggniiks, you're not really segmenting the circle. You're just placing points. You'll want to use this split tool  to actually split the circle into 4 separate segments.
  • yuggniiksyuggniiks Member Posts: 25 EDU
    edited June 2020
    NeilCooke 
    John_P_Desilets Thanks!

Mahir thank you for showing me the proper way to segment my circle with the split tool.  
    I now have the loft symmetrical :smile:

Thanks again for your help!