Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Custom Content Library

Luke_MillikenLuke_Milliken Member Posts: 2
edited June 2020 in Product Feedback
Standard content is a great feature, however, it has its limitations. Two that I know of are that countersunk screws don't mate correctly and the available hardware is very limited. To make this standard content option more versatile, it would be nice to be able to place a designated mate connector onto an imported or custom made part and then add that to a content library. This would allow the same functionality of the "Standard Content" feature with any parts. This would also give manufacturers a quick route to creating "hardware libraries" while saving us, Onshape users, time when mating them in assemblies. 

Comments

• Options
    marcus_bernsteinmarcus_bernstein Member, User Group Leader Posts: 35 EDU
    I did something similar to create a parts library of thousands of parts commonly used in FIRST robotics years back. It would be nice to be able to add these to my instance of "standard content", but this isn't much different from just pulling parts (to which you can add your own configuration options and mate connectors) from a document in your Onshape account, a shared document, a team, or a public document. 
    Any chance Onshape is looking for interns?

Philadelphia User Group Leader