Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Selecting mate connector on part?

tony_459tony_459 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
When I add a mate connector to a cylinder, I can place the connector at the top, middle, or bottom of the cylinder. In some cases, I can move the mouse to choose the right location, but this is not generally possible---e.g., because moving the mouse causes other parts to be highlighted, so that you lose the mate connector options.

So how does one select where to put a mate connector on a part without moving the mouse? See the image below for an example. I want the mate connector to be at the bottom white circle for the tile highlighted in yellow... but the second I move the mouse to select that location, I lose the mate connector options. Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    If you hold SHIFT while you highlight the face, you'll be able to move the mouse around and select the different Mate Connectors. You'll see them highlight as you approach them...you will find you don't even have to move your cursor all the way to the MC in many cases (this is helpful if there are MCs on top of each other in a mate selection).

• tony_459tony_459 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    Ah! Thanks! That is just what I needed.