Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Running on safari’s iPadOS

stephane_guerinstephane_guerin Member Posts: 1
Hi everyone.  Does anybody figure out a way to run Onshape on iPadOS using safari.  It open up well, but I cannot zoom nor use the pen to work on.  The iPad app is nice, but miss all the new features.
Thanks!
Stephane

Comments

• raviravi Onshape Employees Posts: 34
    We are continuously improving iPad app. Please add support tickets for missing features. That helps us prioritize  feature list for mobile. 
  • Mr_GKMr_GK Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Hi Stephane,

I checked some documents and onshape is not supported on safari for IOS.

you must download onshape’s app on App Store
  • Mr_GKMr_GK Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    I used onshape on safari’s IOS only for sharing my models. I was not able to manipulate my models over there.
  • brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    edited June 2020
    Other than zooming, I have good success using a new iPad Pro 11 inch and a Magic Keyboard with trackpad with Onshape in Safari. It acts as good as on my Mac except instead of zooming when using a two finger slide on the trackpad a header shows up at the top of the browser saying to download the Onshape app. Instead I use z and shift-z to zoom in and out or f to zoom to fit.

In fact, using my iPad Pro yields better test results for triangles and lines per second (by at least double) relative to the 2015 MacBook Air I used to have. I can even create and edit drawings through Safari on my iPad Pro. I would love to see Onshape eliminate the bar that shows up at the top of the Safari window telling me to download the app.

BTW, I tested with a Bluetooth mouse with the iPad Pro and it works exactly the same as with the Magic Keyboard with trackpad.

Brian