Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a way to turn off parts in drawings

michael_stallsmichael_stalls Member Posts: 59 PRO
If im making a drawing of a composite part or assembly is there a way to "turn off" or hide certain parts to make the drawings a bit clearer? It seems that when you create a drawing of an assembly it includes parts that are hidden in the assembly model. I would like to be able to turn off parts that are hidden without deleting the parts from the assembly model. for instance in the drawing below of the aircraft structure i'd like to hide the internal wing and fuselage structure just to make the model clearer. Also why do there appear to be breaks or discontinuities in the underside of the wing in the front view...how do i fix this?
thanks
Michael

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Create a Display State in the assembly and use that in the drawing. As for the breaks, is the drawing view quality set to high? See view properties dialog. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • michael_stallsmichael_stalls Member Posts: 59 PRO
    Hi Neil where are the view states? is this in the configuration panel? i set the view to best quality and it didnt seem to make any change
    thanks 
    michael
  • PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    view states are in assembly. look for the icon in top bar.

• michael_stallsmichael_stalls Member Posts: 59 PRO
    i got it now
    thanks!