Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

configurable text

SR_integratorSR_integrator Member Posts: 39 PRO
edited August 2020 in Product Feedback
TEXTBOX DRIVEN BY VARIABLE (numbers and text)

I am using Configurations to drive all dimensions, part number, vendor information, and name. I would also like to be able to emboss a simple text ID on the top face of this component to help differentiate them in a part studio or assembly. 

When in Sketch->Text it would be nice to have the option to Configure the value.
This could be accomplished by allowing variables to be characters as well as numbers. For example, I could create a variable #TEXT and set it it "Testing"
In Sketch-> Text, I could then simply write #TEXT and sketch text would appear as "Testing".
In the configuration panel, I could add the #TEXT variable and change it's value based on the configuration (for example it could say "RAM", "FLASH", "SoC" etc)

------------------------------------------
See this older topic for more info:
https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/8648/configurable-text
It's not implemented as far as I know.
Tagged:

Comments