Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I CAN NOT PLACE COIL SPRING BETWEEN THE SHOCK ABSORBER

omer_ozeromer_ozer Member Posts: 1
I can not place coil spring between the shock absorber. Can anybody help me please?
And I can not make animation for suspension, thank you very much if you help in this regard.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/14301920e3047fe2c71b72bf/w/d4fc810edd36b4954c6cb40b/e/10212c9223352784f8259feb
It is my sketch.

Answers

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Caveat: novice here. I went to the spring part studio and placed a mate connector at the bottom center of the spring using the sketch's circle center. I went back to the assembly and was able to place a mate connector at the center of the adjuster. I then fastened the two parts together using the fasten mate (had to reverse direction of the feature to correct spring orientation). Next I created a screw relation using the cylindrical mate you had already created (you will have to enter the correct ratio). To animate the relation, click on the first mate connector under the cylindrical mate feature and rotate it with the triad manipulator. The spring does not compress; I don't think that is an option or available feature. - Scotty

• Options
    romeograhamromeograham Member, csevp Posts: 657 PRO
    There's a great technique for animating springs here: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/63031#Comment_63031
    Partway down, there's an animated spring assembly. Works well (but is not real spring geometry) for visualization.