Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Larger copy of entities

konrad_dawydiukkonrad_dawydiuk Member Posts: 4
I have a project drawn from a photo . I would like to make a larger copy of the object as shown in the picture.
What's the best way to do it ? and how can such an irregular object be dimensioned ?

Comments

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    edited July 2020
    Scale or offset, depending on what suits your design intent

inside the sketch; scale can be found under transform.
    Offset is also a sketch tool.

after you extrude the original sketch you could 'move face' the outside face also. But some of the sharp concave surfaces may cause an error.
  • Options
    ok thanks, but one more question. How can such a shape be dimensioned ? because from what I have already figured out, dimensioning is the basis of the project.
  • Options
    fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 137 PRO
    ok thanks, but one more question. How can such a shape be dimensioned ? because from what I have already figured out, dimensioning is the basis of the project.
    I would not dimension it, since any dimensioning would be very subjective. You could fix the lines in the sketch if you are worried about them moving:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    For that shape, it's hard to say.

Maybe a point map imported from a csv? then run transforms from the points??
  • Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
  • Options
    Yea, that works too :)
  • Options
    @steve_shubin great thanks :smile: