Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to integrate a logo

Hello there,

I am trying to find a way to integrate my company logo on my Onshape part. Company logo is PNG and I can integrate it via a new sketch and choose image. However, if I do that, the logo will disappear when I try to render it.

I tried to integrate it on the reality server but it sound very complicated. I guess there must be a simpler way ?

Thanks for your feedback,

Guillaume

Comments

• bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    You need to convert it into a DXF/DWG format so that you can use it to cut into the part. From there you can split the face and change the face color or perform an extrude to emboss the logo into the part. https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/tech-tip-using-dxf/dwg-for-logo-embossing
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    Guillaume, is the end goal just an image or manufactured parts? (or something else?)
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • guillaume_thenon787guillaume_thenon787 Member Posts: 8
    Hi there,
    Thank you for your reply. My main target is to find a way to render easily some view of my part with colored logo on it. I understood that rendering is another topics and not so easy to be trained on.
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    If you just need it in an image, you probably don't need to add it in Onshape. You should be able to use a .png with a transparent background applied as a "texture" or "label" in your rendering software. If you decide that you do want to add it to the model in Onshape, then Bradley's method is the way to go. That would render nicely too.

When you say "colored logo" do you mean lots of colors, or just a few colors?
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl