Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Disrupted Internet Connection / Hard-Boot-Logout?

matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 475 PRO
Onshape periodically locks up on me trying to reload a model.  I believe the root cause is momentary loss of internet connectivity on my end.  If I logout and log back in the result is that multiple clones of myself are logged into the document simultaneously as shown in the attached photo.

I'm starting to feel a bit schizophrenic over here.  Is there any way for me to trigger a hard reset to release myself from a document?

Comments

• CBowersCBowers Member Posts: 50 PRO
    I wonder if it's something on Onshape's end. I keep losing connection every 5-10 minutes and I have to refresh the browser. Hadn't elevated it yet because I am desperately trying to push something out to my shop.
  • TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    @matthew_stacy
    The duplicate users will disappear when the session times out after 10 minutes.

@Cristopher_Bowers
    Please submit a support ticket from inside the document so we can help diagnose the issue!
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 475 PRO

Thanks for the reply.  I was hoping that there might be a trigger I can initiate manually to delete the duplicate users.  Is waiting ten minutes truly the only option?

• romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    @matthew_stacy
    Those other instances of "you" are not preventing you from continuing to work, are they? If they're in a drawing, you can simply say "open here instead" (or whatever the message is)...if a Part Studio or Assembly, there's no problem with multiple users...

Are you running into issues where you can't keep working and allow them to timeout naturally?
  • matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 475 PRO
    If I'm in the middle of creating or editing a feature at the time of disruption, then I'm locked out of the feature until my evil clone times out.  Sure, I could branch and continue on my merry way.  But that seems more than a bit clunky.

• romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    Ah, I see what you mean. Submit that support ticket - hopefully they get it cleaned up for you.