Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Modifying public find?

john_doubledayjohn_doubleday Member Posts: 58 EDU
How can I modify a found document. I am teaching myself Onshape so that I can use it in school and have found a great model. The Tools look very different to the standard set. How do I get back to the standard set? 
Any help would be greatly appreciated
This is my copy https://cad.onshape.com/documents/636e08f47ccb1f47aaec3336/w/d571dc8e4f5e5edce87d5d60/e/eb77de5e7655500a531de6c1 .

Comments

• alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 447 EDU
    Could you send a screenshot of which tools look different?

If your toolbar doesn't have all of the tools at the top like usual or they are in a different order, you can reset the customized locations like so:

Alternatively, you might be looking at an assembly window while you are expecting the Part Studio toolset. Keep in mind that you design parts in part studios and assemble them to define motion in assemblies, and the two toolsets can't be used in each environment interchangeably. There isn't movement in a part studio (which is what the assembly tools define), and there aren't changes in geometry in an assembly (which is what the part studio features/tools define).

Hope this helps!
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev | Currently an Onshape intern: asmidchens@onshape.com
  • john_doubledayjohn_doubleday Member Posts: 58 EDU
    Hi Thanks for the reply. I am learning about all the folder headings. This is a nicely organised project. Still learning about Plana 

• tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    @john_doubleday - The tab shown in your screenshot there is an Assembly as Alnis suggested. It looks like the part studios may be in those folder tabs towards the right. 

If you haven't, the learning center has good tutorials both for people new to CAD and people that have CAD experience but just need to learn about Onshape.