Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Eliminate accidental delete

gerald_friedmangerald_friedman OS Professional Posts: 50 PRO
In the drop down menu, when clicking on items in the feature tree near the bottom of the screen, the DELETE function is at the bottom of the menu. It is in a location that can accidentally be triggered by an inadvertent mouse click. (happens to me more often than not)

Don't know if others have had this problem.

It would be nice to have a BLANK space just below the DELETE to avoid accidentally deleting something and not realizing it.
Tagged:

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @gerald_friedman We have seen some users hit this issue when they are on very small screens but we have done a few changes to avoid this but under a certain size of screen this is hard to avoid.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • gerald_friedmangerald_friedman OS Professional Posts: 50 PRO
    I have a large iMac screen and have been having more and more instances where an accidental delete has occurred.

Are you sure a blank space can't be added to the bottom of the menu?

May help more than just me.