Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Now is a great time to start an Onshape User Group

richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
Onshape User Groups have been meeting virtually since April, and to date 31 meetings have been held around the world.  Attendance has been mixed, but is trending up.  We've seen some great sessions from some wonderful speakers, and more meetings are on the calendar - https://www.onshape.com/user-group-network

We are still forming groups, and now is the perfect time. We will continue to meet virtually for at least the rest of the year, and probably well into 2021. Forming your group now gives you the opportunity to build a member database, learn about leading a group, and build relationships with fellow users, Onshape partners, and presenters.

If there is not a current group in your area (see the website for a list of groups), and if you are interested, please contact usergroups@onshape.com, or reply here and we will connect.  If you need more information, we have a "Getting Started" guide that can provided.

Some major cities that need a group include:

Houston, TX
Phoenix, AZ
Albuquerque, NM
Minneapolis, MN
Detroit. MI
Cincinnati, OH
Atlanta, GA
Baltimore, MD
Raleigh, NC
Charlotte, NC
Pittsburgh, PA
New York, NY

Onshape will provide the video technology for your virtual meetings, we will help promote your group, and we can help with technical sessions and/or Partner presentations. We will continue to offer support after the pandemic has passed and we can all get together in person once again.

There are some special benefits for our user group leaders, but you will have to become one to find out.

Richard

Comments

• bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether you are a Hobbyist, Professional, or Educational user of Onshape, all are welcome to grow the Onshape user group community. Virtual has been cool, because I have had users from both coasts join the Louisiana User Group meeting.

Concerns, questions, or just cold feet, :) contact one of the current user group leaders to help you make the decision easy (which is you should start a group :)

Since I am from the Gulf South, I would like to see one of you Onshape users in the Houston, Texas, or Birmingham, Alabama areas to get one started. Let's do this
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• alan_baljeualan_baljeu Member, User Group Leader Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Interesting.  If any Detroit area people, let me know
    Creating knowledge-driven design automation software, for molds, etc.
    www.virtualmold.com

@alan_baljeu just contact @richard_doyle and he can get you started. Let's get Detroit on the board!
    Bryan Lagrange

• richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
    @alan_baljeu - I sent you a message, lets get something started in Detroit.
  • alan_baljeualan_baljeu Member, User Group Leader Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Ready Richard. i have sent you an email.
    Creating knowledge-driven design automation software, for molds, etc.
    www.virtualmold.com

WELCOME to the group DETROIT!
    Bryan Lagrange