Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I control the screen size of mate connectors?

anthony_williams933anthony_williams933 Member Posts: 2 EDU
Hey guys,

This old geezer has a hard time seeing those tiny mate connectors.  And they always seem to be defaulted to the center of a feature and pile up.  I think this connectors are cool, but I can't see them.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
TW

Comments

• Options
    alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    You can't change the size of an individual UI element, but you can scale the whole interface up by zooming in and out with your browser's zoom function:
    - zoom in: ctrl +
    - zoom out: ctrl - 
    - reset zoom ctrl 0

The shortcuts may be different depending on your browser and operating system, but zooming should work with any browser and OS.

However, when you say "mate connector," we might not be on the same page. Could you please send a screenshot of Onshape and draw a circle around what is hard to see?

Hope this helps!

Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    edited September 2020
    There may be a way to scale up the mate connector with CSS... @MBartlett21 you know if that is doable?
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    could be:
    cmd +
    cmd -
    cmd 0

Depends on your universe.

• Options
    Paul_J_PremakumarPaul_J_Premakumar Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 198
    There may be a way to scale up the mate connector with CSS... @MBartlett21 you know if that is doable?
    CSS won't help here. The mate connectors aren't HTML elements. These are rendered along with the rest of the part / assembly graphics. 

anthony_williams933 , Could you make an improvement request for this? Thank you.