Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Which mate to choose?

benedikt_hartwegbenedikt_hartweg Member Posts: 3 EDU
edited October 2020 in Using Onshape
Dear Onshapers,

I need your help on this matter. I cant seem to find the proper mate for this application.
Please see the pictures attached below. I want to mate the wheels of the gantry cart to the v-shaped extrusion (based on the openbuilds system). I already tried the "normal" mates, like the slider edge using some edges and also the tangent mate, but they just wont do the job.
There´s no need for the wheels to actually turn.. I just want to be able to move the cart along the extrusion.

Many thanks and take care,
Ben

Comments

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    Slider mate will be the one.  If you share your document, we can help more specifically.

I suspect you are having trouble with offset of mates.

See here for instructions on sharing - https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/9107/forum-post-checklist-read-this-first#latest
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • benedikt_hartwegbenedikt_hartweg Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Hi Bruce, thanks for your help. I added the link :smiley:
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    The document is not public - please see the instructions for making public and copying the URL.

Also - it would help to have your 'broken' attempt at Mate and create a version so we may review even if you change document.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Defiantly slider.

Either you can do it with an offset in place.
    Or you can create a mate connector in the sliding plate partstudio that has the offset, then add slider to that.
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    All slider constraints should be done defiantly  ;)
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Damn spell check.. lol clicked the wrong correction