Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Inserting Part into drawing on the wrong plane

andrew_paterson805andrew_paterson805 Member Posts: 2 PRO

Hi

Can someone please help me with importing parts into a drawing. In my part studio I have drawn a part on an angle created on 45 deg plane. When inserting the part into the drawing it will always be on the angled plane. I want to get it to draw relative to the plane it was drawn on. when I dimension it it gives the incorrect measurements because the view on an angle shows a shorter distance. I just want to look at the face of the drawing like normal.

thanks

Andrew

Comments

• CBowersCBowers Member Posts: 50 PRO

Insert a side view. Right click on the view and select "Align view vertical". Then click on the 83.54 long line. You can then create a projected view of the face with the holes in it.

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308

Or you can used Named Views

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI