Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Using Collaboration

billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
Can someone explain to me why this isn't being discussed on this forum? Is it not important?

Seems like this should be OS's hottest feature yet it seems to be on the back burner.

Comments

• Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
    I work alone for the most part. I have asked a few people to come in and muddle things up but they don't seem to have the vision I do on what OS will do to the industry. It will come. In the mean time Bill maybe we could put together a project and see what we can hash out of it?
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Perfect! I would love that Ben, Thanks
  • caradoncaradon OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 300 PRO
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Absolutely Dries,

I'm working on a small assembly spec and an mini action plan for everyones review.
    I don't really care what we build or how it's built so any suggestions, please help.
    edited October 2014
    Let's do something fun and/or relevant:
    *Onshape exhibition stand
    *Mobile ebola quarantaine unit
    *Modular outdoor toy (e.g. QUADRO Spielzeug, greatest outdoor toy...ever!)
  • kevin_quigleykevin_quigley Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Develop a part designed to test the capabilities of a 3D printer...you know Dries, like the one we discussed a while back....or some reference parts for proven moulded features like snap fits or design tricks.
    onshape stand (what does this look like?)

I was thinking a decapper something that we assign different parts to different people.

-the mechanical part Ben
    -the cover Dries
    -the electronics/sensors Bill

Ben any ideas?

I am currently working on a delta 3D printer that will be made from materials found at HomeDepot or a hardware store. It will be a future OnshapeIt episode (Shhhh a new webinar series for OS coming out shortly) 

Could put that up for the project but lets submit ideas today and tomorrow and then choose one by monday and get cracking!
  • jon_hirschtickjon_hirschtick Onshape Employees Posts: 91
    Well what's the project?  I was hoping to get an assignment too.
    edited November 2014
    Well what's the project?  I was hoping to get an assignment too.
    I'm preparing a Quadro scene in the public space. Just eyeballing the geometry, since I don't own an actual kit anymore...
    I propose some sort of redesign, a modernized version of this awesome toy. :) Should be a good exercise to put the Onshape mating system to the test...

I'll try to work out a design brief by the start of next week. In the meantime, you can follow my progress in the public document. ;)

Dries
    I apologize for not following this more closely. I was being absent minded and with the forum not updating and showing the items that had new comments highlighted I assumed the discussion was dropped. I will be 100% attentive now and think we have a project in another thread now. Correct?