Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Lost Origin

andrew_daunceyandrew_dauncey Member Posts: 2
Used Onshape yesterday no problem. Signed in today all my previous drawings are opaque when opened and opening a new drawing there isn't an origin point. Any suggestions..

Comments

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @andrew_dauncey

That sounds bad! Sorry to hear you're experiencing this trouble.  When you say that your drawings are opaque, do you mean that the planes in your part studio are opaque instead of transparent?  What browser are you using?  If you can, please post a screenshot to show us what you are seeing.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • mark_shustovmark_shustov Member Posts: 1 EDU
    i have the same problem and i can't finish my assignments because of it. please help me as soon as possible or else i'm going to fail this class based off your websites errors
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @mark_shustov

Have you put in a support ticket?  There should be a way to contact support under the "?" menu in your document.

As mentioned above when you say that your drawings are opaque, do you mean that the planes in your part studio are opaque instead of transparent?  What browser are you using?  If you can, please post a screenshot to show us what you are seeing.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • mfalkensteinermfalkensteiner Member, Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 62
    The simplest cause: Is the Origin just "hidden"? Check the eye-button to the right of the Origin in your feature tree. Otherwise open a support ticket as suggested.
    Principal Technical Services Engineer, EMEAI