Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I create an image from my shape and write the dimensions on it not by drawings

shaked_baharavshaked_baharav Member Posts: 2
I would like to know how I could add a dimension to my shape, and also, how can I capture a picture from my shape as you can see in the pic below.
I am doing a shape for a tissue engineering lab via zoom and we had to do a template, I already did but I have no idea how to add the dimensions and the angles. 
can someone help me, please!  

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,367
    It is not possible to add/display dimensions on the 3D model. If you share the document, they can take measurements. If you need to see the dimensions, you will need to create a drawing. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    Also, if you need a high-resolution screenshot to share with people, you can use "Print..." from the top left 3-bar menu to get a big image with an alpha channel (so that you can use it with any background).
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev
  • Options
    john_smith077john_smith077 Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    This is brilliant... except that the my lines are way too fat when printed. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    Maybe try select a different print size, this one is A0