Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to remove the inscribing circle for a detail view.

luke_thomas395luke_thomas395 Member Posts: 2
The title explains it, I want to remove the circle from the detailed view as it is making a part difficult to dimension.
I can see in a forum from 2015 it looks like you're able to do this (https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/1440/detail-view-feature)
But I can't work out how.

Comments

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @luke_thomas395 It's not possible to change the styling of detail views yet.  We have an improvement for this.  
  • Options
    left_sideleft_side Member Posts: 10 PRO
     +1 the circle clutters the drawing as dimensions overlap it!
  • Options
    james_mcdonaldjames_mcdonald Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    +1 Is this feature far away? Having the full circle on the detail view where the defining circle does not sit on the view geometry significantly defeats the purpose of using a detail view for dimensioning. In evaluating for commercial use this is a deal breaker.
  • Options
    Eleanor_CoffinEleanor_Coffin Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Came here looking for the same fix -- I need to make a detail view where the geometry of the part is wide but short, so it only takes up about 1/3 of the circle. But making the circle smaller would cut off the edges. It's making for a pretty ugly and cluttered drawing. Hoping to see this improvement soon (but I also don't see the IR for it, either?).
  • Options
    Luke_EdwardsLuke_Edwards Member Posts: 10 PRO
    @pete_yodis

I have come to try an address this issue and it seems that it has been over a year since this has been brought up. My drawings are cluttered and you cannot dimension a detail without it confusing the dim lines.