Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

LOOKING FOR MORE SYMBOLS TO TYPE IN DRAWING NOTES

Kirkwood_HinesKirkwood_Hines Member Posts: 4 PRO
Anyone know if there is an expanded symbol library for drawing notes? I'm trying to replicate this standard note made in SolidWorks but the default library in Onshape is super limited. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot.

All I see in onshape:

Answers

• fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 134 PRO
    Hi! Some of those symbols can be created together with a dimension, e.g. the inspection circle:

The triangle can be made with revision callouts when using revisions:

To see those you need to release the version: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d2af7bba7f28dfbfcd5030f9/v/1df7507c0848e57d1bf55d3b/e/e68d6cc75957b2792a1cf9d3

Maybe someone else has a better idea?
  • Kirkwood_HinesKirkwood_Hines Member Posts: 4 PRO
    I want to have them as in-line text for the note. I can't create the inspection circle without a dimension and the rev triangle doesn't stay in the right place if I move the note. It's close to a workaround. Thanks!
  • Kyle_BurtKyle_Burt Member Posts: 7 PRO
    I've been experimenting with saving screenshots of the symbols I want from another program that has them, then importing said images to a document, then scaling/positioning them on my sheet. In your example that you're trying to replicate, you'd have to insert several separate images, as well as several note features to mimic it.  A very laborious workaround, and with the lack of alignment tools in OS drawings, it's likely to look funky unless you spend a lot of time zoomed in trying to make it look decent.
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    Any word on this? I looked for improvement tickets and didn't find one.