Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Cost estimator for machined parts

Are there any apps or methods to get an estimation on cost for machined parts currently? I have looked through the App Store without success.

Comments

• matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 475 PRO
    @Ivan_Deetlefs, I am not aware of an app, but there are a gazillion online vendors that will quote directly from a CAD file whether you're looking for machining, 3d printing, laser cutting, plasma cutting, ... or probably even widget spinning.  Google is your friend ... when it's not spying on you (then it's just creepy).

https://www.xometry.com/ is one that I use for 3d printing.

These online quoting engines are also a great way to refine your design.  It's analogous to  running FEA on design iterations, but in this case you're trying to suss out their design rules and make your part more process-friendly.

• romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    Protolabs is another excellent one for Machining, 3D printing, sheet metal, injection molding etc...Great quoting tools, service, and support.