Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I turn off Ares Kudo?

Kyler_WalkerKyler_Walker Member Posts: 183 PRO
edited December 2020 in Drawings
I would like to edit some drawing templates.  I have read this article on how I can edit drawing templates in Onshape, but, when I open my templates in Onshape, Ares Kudo gets in my way and asks for $9/month.  I don't want to use Ares Kudo to edit my templates.  I have checked what Applications I have turned on, and Ares Kudo is not one of them.  How can I stop Ares Kudo from preventing me from editing my templates?

Update: I have read the article more closely and realized that I need to make edits in a blank drawing and save a new .dwt file.  Is this the only way to do it?

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,367
    Yes, or edit the DWT in another application. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    By the way, Ares Kudo is a 2D cad application that is ran in the cloud. They have offered their free version to all Onshape users to view DWG/DXF etc. files.

Before Ares we would only be able to download the file and view with an installed 2D cad package such as autocad.

So it isn't "getting in your way" it's allowing you view only access to your file without the need to download each time.
    If you would like to edit 2D drawings directly within Onshape, Ares just wants you to upgrade from viewer to editor.