Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Why will this Loft not work properly?

aaron_killingsworthaaron_killingsworth Member Posts: 3 EDU
edited December 2020 in Using Onshape
I am trying to create a fairly simply loft feature but Onshape will not resolve the loft. I have tried everything I can think of to get this to work but I am stuck. What am I missing here?

This is my first time using loft outside of the tutorials. 

Answers

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    You need to select the complete region for the 'bottom of loft' profile  that will include the face of Part 1 (note that profile needs to be expanded to add selections under same profile).  Second 'Merge scope' needs to be filled in for Add to work.  That will happen automatically since you only have one part and the new one is touching it.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • aaron_killingsworthaaron_killingsworth Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Thank you, Bruce!  I now feel silly for not figuring this one out. I am posting this screenshot for anyone else that comes across this. 

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    Onshape has a unique way of making things work elegantly although a little esoteric.  Once learned it is a joy to use!  Glad you posted and it helped.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @aaron_killingsworth

If you hover over the feature title that is in red, a popup appears that (sometimes) explains why the feature didn't work.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100