Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Personal hobby work with a paid company account?

nick_papageorgenick_papageorge Member Posts: 7
How is everyone doing personal hobby work if they have a paid account from their employer? Are you creating a second hobby account with a separate email address, and doing your personal work in that account? Is there a way to link those two accounts, so you have one logon? If dual accounts, which do you use to do your training exercises, and ask forum questions?

I've been evaluating Onshape for the past 3 weeks by doing the tutorials, and I'm about 95% sure I'm going to switch to it at my day job under a paid account. We are currently using Creo 6 (and I've been using Pro/E and Creo since 1997). I'm the only ME at my day job, so I can set up the account any way I want, I suppose.

I don't care if my personal work is public. The job might not be forever, though, so if it goes away, I don't want to lose my personal work. Curious how different users handle this.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having separate personal accout is the best option, everything you created under you working paid account is generally treated as belonging to the one who paid for it.
  • Options
    HakroHakro Member Posts: 67 ✭✭✭
    I also prefer a strict separation of professional and private work.