Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do get rid of excessive bits when sweeping a handle?

thore_bergenstoffthore_bergenstoff Member Posts: 3

Hi,

I can't figure how trim down handle, so that the ends doesn't come through the inner wall 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b7a1341edc0c1095fbb9d06a/w/eafaf3592583133c3c2384af/e/f2a5a9f73795645d2a4646cf.

Thanks in advance.
Thore

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,392
    Delete Face is perfect for these situations.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    thore_bergenstoffthore_bergenstoff Member Posts: 3
    NeilCooke said:
    Delete Face is perfect for these situations.
    It would be, but I couldn't split it in the right place. .. But today I discovered that if I deleted the Shell and did again, then then they disappeared.. So the lecture is Shell last..
  • Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @thore_bergenstoff, shelling last would work, but keep in mind that it would also end up shelling the handle. That may or may not be what you're looking for. Based on your pictures, @NeilCooke's suggestion to delete faces should work fine. No splitting is necessary. Just make sure that the swept handle is set to Add instead of New. New could work, but it's extra work. You'd have to split the handle using the inner cup surface, delete the extra bits, then perform a Boolean Add to merge the separate parts together.