Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can someone please help me alter my design so I can use it for simscale

jace_bankstonjace_bankston Member Posts: 2
Hi I have a 3D design that has an extrusion that I just cannot cut out. I make this design in fushion 360 and it looks fine but when I import it into simscale the design shown has a very weird extrusion. If I was hoping someone could help me get rid of the extrusion. I will post the link to the design down below. 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/560f04124148d087b4fbbb22/w/8b59922bd1e29c86d1ae48b6/e/5c39b0ea296488229857ed03

Comments

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,717 PRO
    In Onshape, an extrude is a very specific feature. The part is missing a face. Is this the problem?

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
    It definitely is missing a face that got lost on import. The design looks symmetrical. If it is, I'd repair it by splitting it with the right plane, deleting the bad half, and mirroring the good half.

It looks like there's another issue that will prevent you from getting a solid part. The highlighted edge is touching the base. That would make Zero Thickness Geometry aka Non-Manifold Geometry. You could probably get 3 separate solids, but not one without making the base have some thickness.

Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl