Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Tri-City Combined Onshape User Group meeting tonight

richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in General
We're going to try something different at this weeks Onshape User Group meetings. We will use Zoom breakout rooms to allow you to choose the session(s) you would like to attend. We will also have a main room for networking and general hobnobbing. 

Tonight's meeting (8:00pm EST) features @Evan_Reese with a look at FeatureScript, and whiz-kid @alnis_smidchens will talk about his participation in a recent speed modeling contest and offer tips on faster CAD modeling.

Meetings are free and open to anyone, and they are interactive. There is ample opportunity for networking and meeting new friends. All we ask is that you register - https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAtdu-vqTwoE9PKQ3c_I3xChHmOmB_YUYC4

Richard

Comments

• Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    thanks for the explanation @richard_doyle
    just to confirm - all these meetings are 08:00 P.M. EST tonight?   I had 07:00 for some reason.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
    @bruce_williams 8:00pm EST is correct.  We're setting up the "combined" meetings by time zone, and 6:00pm seems to be a good starting time. 

This meeting will be hosted by the New Orleans, Nashville, and Dallas/Fort Worth group leaders - what a great opportunity to meet all three of them.

I goofed on the Chicago meeting tomorrow - for some reason I can't wrap my head around the fact its in the central time zone, so Chicago folks will have to show up early :smile: .

See you there.

Richard
  • Options
    bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe @bruce_williams is right. The meeting starts 6 PM CST so that would make it 7 EST.
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    edited January 2021
    @ uthaeou

This was a test of the @ symbol deleting text... Not sure  which Onshape employee handles the forum code (if any)
    but the first line of text in this post is actually..

^^ A screenshot of the post before saving comment ^^

Strangely enough, if you are in a search you can see the full text and the @ has no effect

• Options
    romeograhamromeograham Member, csevp Posts: 657 PRO
    Have a good time folks - I registered but not going to be able to make it. Fingers crossed there will be a recording I can check out later!

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    edited January 2021
    Thanks for the meeting, that was great.

I learned about:
    • QR Codes for drawings
    • Featurescript id's
    • Featurescript maps
    • Global Variables feature for commonly used things
    I will probably implement all of these things into my work.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎