Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Beginner trying to figure out mates

patrick_sheapatrick_shea Member Posts: 63 EDU
Trying to make some basic projects for our MakerSpace. I am on a 'Wine' theme - for various type of carriers and stuff. 

I can't figure out an easy way to mate the wine bottle into the space in the carrier.  I know three must be a simple way ?

Pat

Comments

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    in this case you may want to make the mate connectors in the part studio with the box bottom as owner. I'd create a sketch with points or circles where you want the bottle centers, then create mate connectors referencing them. Instead, you could mate them with the center of the bottom panel and specify an "offset" in the mate dialog, but that won't update as robustly. I'd consider that a more quick and messy way.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    patrick_sheapatrick_shea Member Posts: 63 EDU
    The center/bottom - offset worked well.  Solidworks has  their advanced mates (Profile Center, Symmetric and Width), and I found the Width very handy - does Onshape have that option?