Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Renderings on reality server

catherine_zhucatherine_zhu Member Posts: 2 EDU
I have been having trouble completing my school assignment on the reality server. I have watched many youtube videos and done some research about how to render, so I understand how the process works, but after selecting the part and pressing 'apply material', the material wouldn't apply. Since it is not a free software we only have two hours a month so we do not have a lot of time for the materials to load. Please tell me what I should do.

Comments

• chris_cholmeley227chris_cholmeley227 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    For some reason you need to select the 'child' component that appears for each solid in the model tree within Reality Server to be able to apply the material. Click on the + against each item to see the 'child'.