Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Change units

dan_schwartzdan_schwartz Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
How to change units from Inch to mm for exist part?
Tagged:

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,354
    Please see the document menu top left next to the Onshape logo. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • john_hyde_volpejohn_hyde_volpe Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Hey @NeilCooke, I understand how to change units using the top left menu option; however, some of my students are running into a problem. After they have finished a Learning Center tutorial design, they realize that they failed to use the proper units. When they go to the menu to implement the unit change (e.g., in ==> mm), the driven dimensions within their sketch still seem to be anchored by the previous unit abbreviations (i.e., in).  Is there a way to drive changes into previously dimensioned entities?  
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,354
    No there is not. They would have to manually edit each dimension to change the units. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    As a workaround, you could apply a Transform > Scale feature and for the amount type in/mm --- that's whateverUnitYouWant/currentUnit
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev