Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Removal of model lines for meshing purposes

Malcolm_AknerMalcolm_Akner Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
Hi all!
I've been using Onshape for a while now, and I'm meshing my geometry with Salome. It turns out that the model lines (image) forces Salome to attach mesh elements on those lines, and thereby adding more elements than necessary. I want to remove these lines in an efficient manner (there are 259 tubes, they have mode lines on 4 locations for each tube, on both inside and outside, so ~259*8 lines need to be removed). Is there any way of doing this in Onshape?

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Those edges represent the border between two surfaces that have different curvature and cannot be removed. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    If you use the Fit Spline command with the Edges setting you can get the guide curve of the sweep as a single spline, so it won't include the edges when you sweep. If this is an import, I'm not sure of a good way.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl