Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to prevent phantom drawing planes from being displayed in the STL files?.

tony_gtony_g Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
How to prevent the auxiliary phantom drawing planes from showing up in the downloaded STL files?  I've tried to make them invisible, clear, transparent, but to no avail.  I can't delete them, because the object drawn on them is deleted as well. These planes are not printed, but they obscure the view of a part.

An example is the plane on which the coffee bean image is drawn here: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4c4858359bf08ffc25adaa50/w/49418311816425087e3893c4/e/4f5e366d7f43b3a9e6fb26ff

Comments

• PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Drawing lanes or surfaces? I see surfaces that can be hidden.
  • tony_gtony_g Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    That's my problem--when I right-click on the surface to hide, I don't see any Hide menu items...
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Create a Delete Part feature and select all your surfaces (though you shouldn’t really be using surfaces for sketch planes). 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    Thank you; I was able to follow your advice and delete the offending planes.

Could you expand on what feature should I use for sketch planes?
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    Thanks!