Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Equal constraints between sketch entities should show up on both entities

Eric_WongEric_Wong Member Posts: 21 PRO
edited February 2021 in Product Feedback

See attached image above. Sometimes I spend more time than needed to figure out why a line is fully defined, only to find that the relevant constraint is far away from the line

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Eric_Wong It should but I would need to look. hover should also highlight both.  I will reach out.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    I believe I've also run into this recently, but don't have a good example handy. I agree it should be both places.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Eric_WongEric_Wong Member Posts: 21 PRO
    @Evan_Reese I had a chat with Lou and the fix for this was to actually disable "show all constraints" Turns out, hovering over the constraint will correctly show the constraint over both lines, but when you go into "show all constraints" (which I do by default as a carryover from solidworks), the duplicates are hidden to reduce clutter. 
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    good to know and I bet if I saw the doubles everywhere when I used "show all constraints" I'd probably quickly agree that this is better  :D
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • swang_muswang_mu Member Posts: 3
    I'm currently going through the Multi-Part Part Studio Exercises and I noticed that if you make several circles equal using the equal constraint. Then if you click on one of the circles and hover over the equal constraint. It only shows one other circle which is using the same constraint. I hope they change it so that all the circles which you constrained are highlighted so that you know which circle uses the 'parent' and which are the 'children'.