Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Make a feature pattern

davy_davydavy_davy Member Posts: 5
Hello,
I would like to make a barrier with the Linear Pattern-> feature Pattern.
I read this documentation here : https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/linearpattern.htm?Highlight=feature pattern
But I can't seem to get it to part https://cad.onshape.com/documents/0d2ac74e64c3feda466b8e24/w/0ceb205c09205374b754fb97/e/e2c0166401740300f77b4af7

Could you explain me what's blocking ? Please .

Regards,

Davy

Comments

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    @davy_davy
    I'm not sure exactly what you're going for here, but if it works for what you need it's always better (more stable and faster) to use the "part pattern" option. This situation seems perfect for that.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    Hello Evan_Reese,
    Thank you for your answer.

I would like to make this (on the picture), but I would like to make it automatically. 
    I think use the Linear Pattern-> feature Pattern ,  but the vertical object don't change the size

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    Ah, ok I misunderstood your ask. @steve_shubin has it right (though you don't have to pattern the sketch). Here's how I'd tackle it. Notice i'm extruding the part from the bottom profile, not the side.

Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    @steve_shubin , @Evan_Reese thank you for your example.

I understand my error. In my extrude I selected "Blind' instead of "Up to face".

Now it's work.

Thank you

Davy