Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Help with fillets?

jonathan_tillackjonathan_tillack Member Posts: 5 EDU
Hey everyone! Im making a chess set to 3d print. Im working on the last(and hardest) piece, the knight. Ive included 4 screenshots showing what the knight looks like, and where I want to fillet to remove sharp edges. Preferably someone helps me before march 5th, because I'm in school tomorrow and I need to print.

Comments

• jonathan_tillackjonathan_tillack Member Posts: 5 EDU
    I dont think I can edit, so ill just say it here. I left out 2 details
    1. The blue part is NOT what i want to fillet. That was a mistake and was separated into a different part with a color change.
    2. The 4th screenshot didnt show up, so ill attach another screenshot.
  • tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    @jonathan_tillack - Your second screenshot in your first post shows a very small line on the front face of the piece underneath the horses's head - I think that's what's causing the fillet to fail. Because there's some tiny little cut (possibly a result of an early extrude feature), the fillet feature doesn't have a continuous edge to work on. 

Also, make sure your fillet radius is small enough. The fillet will also fail it the radius is too big and runs into other features. 
    @tim_hess427 I'll try moving the extrudes around and let you know if it worked
    @tim_hess427 I ended up fixing that line(and a few others) and that seemed to do the trick! Knight looks 2x better now, thanks a lot!